Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Hello all! As pretty much everyone is aware, the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy has wreaked havoc in the Tri-State area over the past week. Power stations have exploded. Fires have started. People have been without electricity or heat for days. Homes have been lost. Subways aren't running. The list goes on and on. It has been an absolutely crazy few days. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have been affected. I am so, so grateful to have been only mildly inconvenienced during the past week. I have much to say on the aftermath of Sandy, but I'm too exhausted from walking eight, yes eight, miles today from a relative's apartment in Midtown Manhattan where I rode out the storm, to my own place in Brooklyn. It breaks my heart to hear the news stories of the devastation Sandy has caused, although I just saw this article and couldn't stop laughing. I thought it was a needed remedy to all I've been hearing and reading. Enjoy, and I hope everyone is okay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment