Thursday, August 9, 2012

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot

Anyone who's ever been in an older building in NYC knows one thing: you will NEVER be cold. We're talking a year-round temperature of 80-85 degrees. You think I'm joking. I'm not. The heating systems in these older buildings have only two settings--on and off. During the cooler months when the heat is on, the heat is seriously on. I've learned to never wear anything heavier than a long sleeve shirt in the winter. Summer is not much better. Forget central air, A/C in old buildings is all about the window units.
Is heavy panting sexy?
Earlier this spring I was inspired to buy some tulips at the farmer's market. They bloomed immediately due to my office's boiling temperature, but still looked gorgeous. I think displaying them proudly in the office blender really classed the joint up. N'est pas?
Vases are for elitists
Photo credits: dogidea.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment